Chickenpox is a very common infection in childhood, caused by a virus called varicella zoster (VZV).
Chickenpox has a characteristic evolution that can be divided into 3 stages:
1st stage- Initially there is the appearance of red spots, associated with fever and itching.
2nd stage- Then the red spots turn into bubbles, in which, in addition to fever and itching, the child feels burning.
3rd stage- Finally, the crusts appear and the itching increases even more!
Chickenpox is usually mild in children, however it causes enormous discomfort, especially because at all stages the child will feel itching. On the other hand, the child when scratching can cause infection.
In the 3rd Stage, the Crusting Stage, with the increase of the itching, the crust can be detached, leaving marks on the skin for the rest of the life.
It is therefore essential to moisturize your baby's skin, as well as the use of appropriate products in the bath, which restore skin balance, avoiding infection and soothe symptoms, including itching.
D'AVEIA has the solution for the care and hygiene of your baby's skin, in a situation of chickenpox.
D’AVEIA allows to treat without leaving marks!
Therefore, Dr Dermoteca advises:
In the first two stages of chickenpox
- Bathe your baby with D’AVEIA PS Pediatric and alternate with D’AVEIA SEPT (with antiseptic action), to avoid infection;
- Wash the hair with D’AVEIA Pediatric Neutral Shampoo (if the scalp is affected);
- Moisturize your baby's body skin with D’AVEIA Pediatric Body Moisturizer, and the face and hands with D’AVEIA Pediatric Moisturizing Cream.
In the third phase (Crust Phase):
- Take an immersion bath with D’AVEIA Dermo-Oil Pediatric that allows the crust to soften and reduce itching. This bath should be done at night, in warm water, for 3 to 5 minutes, allowing your baby to sleep more peacefully, since it reduces the itching considerably. Its marked emollient action, allows to highlight the crusts, without leaving marks.
- After bathing you should apply D’AVEIA Pediatric Body Moisturizer on the body and D’AVEIA Pediatric Moisturizer on the face and hands, thus reinforcing the emollient action, which helps to highlight the crusts without leaving a mark.
written by Dra. Maria Mariano, Pharmacist and Category Manager of Pediatrics at Dermoteca
reviewed by Dra. Cristina Varandas, Pharmacist, CEO & Founder of Dermoteca