Surely you have already asked yourself which sunscreen is best for your child?
In babies and the children's, due to the immaturity of the sweat and sebaceous glands, the production of sebum and sweat is not fully developed. This results in the existence of an impoverished and deficient Hydrolipidic Film, and, consequently, a compromised skin barrier function that is susceptible to contamination and external aggressions.
For this reason, the skin of babies and children is also particularly vulnerable to sun exposure.
You should choose a sunscreen:
✓ that is able to ensure maximum sun protection against UVA and UVB radiation
✓ that is safe for the baby's and child's skin
✓ that is practical to use and easy to apply
Which sunscreen is best for kids?
D’AVEIA SPF 50+ Pediatricpresents in its composition state-of-the-art organic sunscreens, which guarantee maximum sun protection and at the same time a high safety for the skin of the baby and child. These sunscreens are also carried by a film-forming polymer, with the ability to maintain the filters on the surface of the skin, allowing you to maximize your sun protection and reduce the risk of sensitization and skin allergy.
- Ensures maximum SPF50 + sun protection against both UVA and UVB radiation
- There is no risk of causing allergy, since sunscreens do not penetrate the skin, remaining on the surface
- It has no preservatives in its composition, thus also avoiding the risk of allergy that these substances present
- It is dermatologically tested - thus proving that it does not cause any skin sensitization or allergy
- Contains in its composition Colloidal Oats, Corn, Rice and Antioxidants, capable of neutralizing free radicals from solar radiation, and which are harmful to the skin
- It is easy to apply and does not leave the skin white
- It has a high water resistance (60%)
- It is especially indicated on sensitive and fragile skin of babies and children, even in the case of children and babies with atopic dermatitis.
At what age can babies be exposed to the sun?
According to the Portuguese General Directorate of Health, «babies under 6 months should not be exposed to the sun and direct sun exposure of children under 3 years should be avoided».
What are the precautions to take with your children's sun exposure?
Babies are exposed to solar radiation as soon as they contact the outside environment, and children spend a good deal of their time outdoors, playing in the garden, playground, on the playground and on the beach, so some care must be ensured important:
- Avoid sun exposure between 11 am and 5 pm
- Apply D'AVEIA SPF50 + Pediatric before going out into the open, in the exposed areas, and renew regularly (ideally every 2 hours), and always after bathing or after heavy sweating
- Wear loose, light and fresh clothing, avoiding direct skin exposure
- Wear wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection
- Apply D'AVEIA SPF50 + Pediatric on all areas of the skin exposed to solar radiation, including on the ears, neck and feet
- Drink more liquids (water or natural fruit juices, without added sugar are the best)
Kids can play a lot and be save... with D’AVEIA SPF50 + Pediatric!
written by Dr. Ricardo Almeida, Category Manager of Dermatology at Dermoteca
Reviewed by Dr. Cristina Varandas, Pharmacist, CEO & Founder of Dermoteca